A good artist at Copp School…
- is enthusiastic
- enjoys being creative
- can talk about and appreciate the work of other artists
- is able to evaluate their work and suggest ways to improve
- is keen to develop and refine their skills
- can work with a range of skills, tools and media with confidence
- is able to apply their knowledge and understanding of art to their own work.
Copp School’s Aims
- To foster an understanding and enjoyment of art, craft and design.
- To provide all children with a broad and balanced education.
- To learn about art and the appreciation of the work of other artists and craftspeople from different times and cultures.
- To learn through art, extending and enriching other curriculum areas.
- To develop pupils’ ability to observe, investigate, respond to and record the world around them through a variety of forms and media.
- To encourage pupils to make increasingly informed and creative choices of media, tools and techniques for a given purpose.
- To develop pupils’ visual language and the ability to express their ideas and feelings in order to evaluate their own work and that of others.
- To deliver the national curriculum by integrating the elements of art with its processes and practices to provide a broad and balanced art curriculum throughout each year.
- To train pupils in the safe and appropriate use and maintenance of tools and techniques in accordance with health and safety requirements