A decision to close the school will be made on the basis of the risk to pupil safety, either because of physical conditions (for example, if the heating fails) or because we do not have enough staff to carry out our duty of care (for example, because of transport disruption or due regard for staff health and safety).
In these circumstances we may take the following actions:
- open school later than normal
- end the school day earlier than normal
- open the school only for some pupils
- close the school (as a last resort).
If we have to take any of these actions, we will notify families in the following ways:
- Class Dojo
- school website
- text messaging (via Class Dojo)
- Lancashire school closures website: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/children-education-families/schools/
- local radio stations
Greatest hits Radio
(01253) 300965 (studio)
(01253) 304965 (switchboard)
Please avoid phoning the school to check if we are open
If school is open but severe weather or transport disruption prevents your children getting to school, please let us know by phone or email. In such cases always consider safety first; we would rather pupils arrived late than absent for the whole day.