What is the Sports Premium?
The Government provides funding to facilitate substantial primary school sports activities. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
How will we be spending the Sports Funding and who will benefit?
You can download from this page our evidence impact reports for 2021/2022 as well as our vision for 2022/2023.
We commit to the following strategies
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE
- Increasing participation in school sport
- Development of the Teaching Staff
- Swimming over and above the statutory lessons provided
- Annual Subscription to Wyre SSP
- Dedicated PALS training
- Copp Cardio (each class strive to complete a minimum of 15 minutes exercise outside of what they usually do).
We also provide, through the National Curriculum, weekly swimming lessons for all Year 4 and Year 5 children. We ensure that any children who have not made expectations swim again in Year 6.
Full details of the Grant can be accessed through the following link on the Department for Education Website.
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.