Last year our Junior Leadership Team worked really hard to improve not only our school but also the local community.
- they worked with Mr Holt on the Learning Ladder to make it really effective and help pupils to have a better mindset when learning;
- they created and ran a Friday Lunchtime Fun Club to support children who might not have many friends;
- they looked at improving our outdoor facilities.
They also talked about social issues such as:
- plastic and its impact on our local and wider world - we did a learning walk in school to look at how much plastic we used and agreed to aim to become a plastic-free school by 2022;
- the loneliness of some of our elderly people and how we could make life better for them - this included visiting Bowgreave Rise Home for the Elderly as part of the Cards for Kindness initiative.
Our Junior Leadership team for 2019/2020 is as follows:
Harry (Head Boy)
Eva (Head Girl)
Felix (Deputy Head Boy)
Lucy (Deputy Head Girl)
The "old" team from 2018/19 met up with their successors during the last week of term in a hand-over meeting so that the good ideas started can be continued and embedded.
We will meet at least once every month. We follow a clear agenda and send minutes out to all the teachers so that they can share them with classes.
On 3rd February JLT held a joint meeting with CSC at the Civic Centre, where they discussed a range of issues, including Dementia, being a plastic-free school and embedding our Christian Vision. Please see the minutes for more information.